Member Care Foundations
- Member Care is a term broadly used.
This site is designated to resources focusing on the theoretical foundations of Member Care.
What is Member Care? What does it include? Member Care Definition. What is Member Care not? etc...
Any feedback and questions, email them to office(at)globalmembercare.com
Guidelines for Member Care - New Zealand
New Zealand Missions Interlink Member Care Committee
The purpose of this document is to provide a resource for churches and mission agencies involved in member care who desire to provide the best input and support that they can for their members involved in Global mission. All of us want our mission personnel to thrive, not just survive. These guidelines have been assembled for that purpose. While they will be most helpful to churches and mission agencies, those interested in a missions journey themselves should find the material helpful in moving them forward and in facilitating conversation with their own church and the agencies they choose to have dialogue with.
- A Comprehensive Member Care Plan.
by Dick and Larrie Gardner, Dr. David Tai Woong Lee, presented in Nov 2009, to train korean mission leaders in missionary care.
To download one of the eleven sessions, click the underlined link.
- Vision for Member Care (definition, responsible person, why needed, who does it)
- Scope and structure of Member Care, from recruitment through retirement
- Policies and Procedures at each stage of service
- Member Care Plan, a model
- A suggested Job Description
- A case study of Wycliffe. Why did WBT need it? How did it start? What lessons arise?
- Responding to crisis, surprises, tragedies, war and civil unrest, etc
- Debriefing, when it can be helpful, and what it can do for involved workers
- What help do single workers need? How diverse are they and unique are their challenges?
- Retirement – is it over when it’s over? Or is member care still needed?
- Tools for Member Care
- Member Care for HCJB
- A Guest in Their World
A classic among Member Care Articles.
A Guest in Their World by Karen Carr, Mobile Member Care Team
- A job description for a director of Member Care to download
- A Person Description for Director of Member Care
- Good Practice Guidelines: http://www.globalmembercare.org/index.php?id=8
- 9 areas of Member Care involvement
9 areas/roles, organizations and churches could play in caring for their workers: * Recruitment * Pre-Field Preparation * On-Field * Home Assignment / Furlough * Re-Entry * Prayer * Conflict Management * Partnerships * Crisis and Contingency Management
more info here:
- Member Care Definition: http://www.globalmembercare.org/index.php?id=34
- You find even more on MC Foundations here
- Senders’ Guide - (oscar.org.uk)
maintain a strong and enduring partnership between sender and the one who is sent.